Wednesday 19 December 2012

These Dreams

I don’t remember my dreams very often, and I think the reason might be that for the most part they are insignificant piles of random thoughts and ideas; in essence, a disorganized mess. Occasionally though, I have the type of dream that just seems so real and alive that it appears to translocate the physical me to the setting of the dream, and I am not only dreaming it but living the dream. I believe this may be my subconscious’ way of letting me know that there is something here that I need to pay attention to. The fascinating part about this altered state (when I am lucky enough to have one) is that they are clairvoyant in nature and I will actually end up visiting the exact location or experience the exact event of a past dream at some point in the future. These dreams used to scare me but now I look forward to them, as they no longer suggest a veering from normality but instead represent a glimpse into the future.

I have also, on occasion, communicated via dreams with those who have passed on, and one of my favorite dreams of this nature was that of my best friend Michelle. About three months after her death, she appeared in my subconscious. In the dream I had gone to pick her up, but it was at a house that I had never seen before-I made a mental note of the house details, as it seemed to be important. I knew she wasn’t alive in the dream, but she was as I remembered her in life–good natured and full of attitude–only..there was a sense of calmness and belonging about her now..there was no conflict or inner struggles, just peace and serenity. She could fly, and she took me all over the world. We saw everything she missed out on in a life that was so tragically cut short for her. After seeing the world, we went higher, past the clouds and into the stars. Here each star was surrounded by beautiful multicolored auras, which seemed to resemble bubbles-they were almost like shields protecting each star from harm, as I was being protected by her. As long as I was with her, I was invincible-I didn’t need oxygen and the laws of gravity did not apply..we could float around up there until forever and a day. I don’t remember everything we did, but I do remember an amazing sense of inner peace. There were no constraints of time as we floated, talked, and laughed..we did everything we would have been doing had she been alive. The dream seemed to go on and on, and I remember thinking that I never wanted it to end. I realized both in the dream and when I woke up, that this is how I wanted to remember her because this is what she is now–a free spirit of peace and tranquility. She sent me a message that night and I believe I recieved it loud and clear–she simply wanted me to know that she was everywhere–she is, for lack of a better phrase, a part of all of us. Just like the bubble-stars, she is my aura..

No comments:

Post a Comment