Monday 19 November 2012

The Nuttier Me

I am idiosyncratic in nature and I like it that way, never having been much of a fan of normality. I can legitimately claim this because back in 1997, I bought one of those self-help books that identified psychological personality-type, and this is what I was informed of, in no uncertain terms. The diagnosis of idiosyncricity suits me quite well, as I have always felt I was a little nutty. In general, I live life through almost a “psychic” way of being, with intuition and feeling governing me beyond that of what other people seem to feel. I don’t fit into any sort of mold of the human condition, as I don’t really have a specific shape like a square or a triangle. I would consider myself to be more of an amoeba really–except that I don’t change form, I pretty much stay a blob of no particular consistency.

As the idiosyncratic nut that I am, I have had several paranormal experiences. For instance, I can sometimes sense the dead. What might seem to others as a good reason for apprehension and fear, the knowledge that I may not always be alone actually gives me peace of mind. Although I have never actually seen a spirit, my other senses of sound, smell, touch, and unconscious thought have all been used at different times to send messages across the various planes of existence. I believe that extra senses beyond the typical five are simply untapped impressions that most human beings possess-after all, other animals have shown evidence of higher functioning and we are all mammals-but maybe the difference is that most people are just not attuned to these particular ways of being because they are not open to the possibility. This is significant because I believe that, like most things, one has to be in the correct frame of mind in order to experience certain things both normal and paranormal. I think the point that I am trying to make here is, if we open up our eyes and expect more than physical sight, it is amazing what we might “see”..

No comments:

Post a Comment